We just shared our Social Works(out) System – a social media tool that acts as a daily fitness plan for your social media accounts. It’s intended to help you create a simple social media marketing strategy specifically focused around your daily content creation. Basically, it gives you Facebook post ideas, tweet ideas, and more.
When we posted, we mentioned that there are three principles of effective social media post creation:
- Evangelize your broad community members and influencers
- Sell your products
- Drive conversation through beautiful engaging content that drives emotion.
And you see these show up in our posting recommendations daily.
Evangelize: That’s the umbrella category to use when looking at social sharing and community.
Sell: That’s the umbrella for the “sales” day.
Drive conversation: Is the umbrella category for “Engage,” “Beautiful Things,” and “Emotion.”
But, what do these words actually mean? Let’s break it down and if its easier, go to our Instagram account for our daily social media plan (the Social Works(out) Plan) brought to life with specific daily tips on exactly what to post. In essence, it’s a social media manager that you don’t have to hire.
- Social sharing: On these days, we want you to share social media content that another person has created. This is a way to “thank” the community, to help evangelize their content and to position yourself within the community. You do this so that you will receive reciprocal treatment, which will grow your own following and thus your potential customer base to sell to.
- Sales: On this day, you sell. Create a clear simple sales message and use it to drive purchase of your products.
- Engage: On this day, the goal is to engage your audience with content that will stimulate them and encourage a response. Often this can be content about your industry. The more you encourage people to engage with you, the more your content will be shared and your brand will be remembered. You are creating deep neural relationships.
- Beautiful Things: Simple. Post something beautiful. There is a constant desire to consumer and engage with beautiful things — its how Martha Stewart’s brand exists. In a world of chaos and uncertainty, calm beautiful visuals inspire engagement. Enhancing engagement, enhances connection which can increase and engage
- Emotion: On this day, focus on the emotion you want your audience to feel when thinking about your brand. Then create content that elicits that emotion. It doesn’t have to be about your product or industry specifically. Like the others, this is about enhancing engagement.
- Community: Like social sharing, this day focuses on your community but rather than share others, you are uplifting your customers, those in your social community, your employees or other people in the real world connected to your brand. Its a chance to put a human face on your brand and encourage human connections. You do this because human engagement is the basis of community growth and those who feel connected will help you to grow – channel growth means sales growth.
When you focus a day each week on the above, you are flexing all necessary muscles to grow your social media channels. Download the social media planning tool here: The Social Works(out) System.